Sunday, January 4, 2009

Regruntled

Well, all the disgruntled sailors are now appeased, because the Classics and Silvers will now be racing in with the Open fleet in the Nationals after all.

Yesterday we gave the hull one last sand down and polish, and made a few final adjustments in the light of what we've learned in the last few days' sailing in these conditions. Then we took off to the Yarra Valley for lunch and a visit to koalas, tasmanian devils and other assorted native wildlife. Unfortunately, there wasn't time to visit any wineries before heading back for the welcome function at the yacht club in the evening - that will have to wait to another rest day ...

And so now the big day has dawned. I'm not sure if I will get to post this before we sail, but as I write this we're just finishing getting set to go down to the club for the first races, at last.

Postscript: we've got home from our first two races today - we did well in the first one but less well int he second, and I'll post more fully on it later this evening.